2. A car averages 27 miles per gallon. If gas costs $4.04 per gallon, which of the following is closest to how much the gas would cost for this car to travel 2,727 typical miles?
3. When x = 3 and y = 5, by how much does the value of 3x2 – 2y exceed the value of 2x2 – 3y ?
4. Roughly how long does it take for the sun’s light to reach Earth?
A. 8 minutes
B. 5 seconds
C. 1 year
D. 8 hours
E. 8 days
5. What is the biggest planet in our solar system?
E. The Sun
6. Which Apollo moon mission was the first to carry a lunar rover?
A. Apollo 1
B. Apollo 13
C. Apollo 11
D. Apollo 15
E. Apollo 18
7. I _______ tennis every Sunday morning.
C. am playing
D. am play
8. To take the bull by the horns means…
A. To punish a person severely for his arrogance.
B. To grapple courageously with a difficulty that lies in our way.
C. To handle it by a fierce attack.
D. To bypass the legal process and take action according to one’s own whims.
E. To compete in a bullfight.
9. Which of the following name parts of speech? (Select all which are correct)
10 Which sentence is written in the passive voice?
A. The flock of birds quickly flew away.
B. I ate a piece of pie.
C. Jill stood by as Jack fell down the hill.
D. The planet rotates clockwise.
E. The letter had been delivered to the wrong address.